Get a flying start to harnessing the
power of social media in your business.
What is social media?
Feel like there's a big party going
on and you're sitting on the sidelines?
Lightbulb moment! You need to get
started with Social media. We guarantee that a
year from now you'll be glad you started today!
- Don't know your Tweets from your Facebook?
- You're aware that 15% of all global internet traffic is
attributed to social media but you have no idea what all those
people are doing or talking about?
- You know more people are communicating via social media than
e-mail, but you don't know how or why?
- You thought that Facebook was for kids but you've just heard
that Barack Obama is on there.
- You could not see the relevance of having a blog but you've
just heard that a supermarket "check out girl" has had her blogs
published as a book which has now sold over 100,000 copies.
- Feel like there's a big party going on and you're sitting on
exactly is social media? This is what what Wikipedia has to say
Â… "Social media is information content created by
people using highly accessible and scalable publishing
technologies. It is intended to facilitate communications,
influence interaction between peers and with public audiences. This
is typically done via the Internet and mobile communications
networks. The term most often refers to activities that integrate
technology, telecommunications and social interaction, and the
construction of words, pictures, videos and audio. This
interaction, and the manner in which information is presented,
depends on the varied perspectives and "building" of shared meaning
among communities, as people share their stories and experiences.
Businesses also refer to social media as user-generated content
(UGC) or consumer-generated media (CGM). Social media are
distinct from industrial media, such as newspapers, television, and
film. While social media are relatively cheap tools that enable
anyone (even private individuals) to publish or access information,
industrial media generally require significant financial capital to
publish information." Need some help making sense of all of this? If the answer
is "yes", then carry on reading. You need our new Social Media
training course: Duration:
One day course
course has been designed specifically for the small to medium sized
business owner to get to grips with social media for marketing, PR,
and business exposure. It will also suit PR professionals,
marketing professionals, e-commerce professionals, journalists,
academics, brand managers, and any other business professional who
is interested in understanding new ways of communicating and
spreading messages. Objectives:
You will learn:
- Understanding why old methods of marketing are becoming
- Understanding that the web is free to use with billions of
potential customers who can be reached through social media.
- To understand the role of social media/bookmarking in
marketing, on-line visibility, awareness, reputation, branding,
building meaningful business relationships, and building trust
- Understanding where your customer can be found in the on-line
- Understanding the value of "contribution currency" and how to
participate in networks to achieve maximum exposure of your
- Gain practical knowledge of the best platforms and web tools to
use for your particular business and how to use them.
- How to leverage time spent on social media activities
- How to monitor your results on social media, using feedback
loops to fine-tune your social media campaigns.
- How Barack Obama became the first high profile exponent of
social media and how it contributed to his successful Presidential
- Why social media is vital for businesses or individuals in
terms of on-line visibility, reputation, and how it allows you to
reach niche markets and customers.
- The importance of "contribution currency" on-line and how you
can become an "expert" or "leader".
- How to "release" yourself and/or your business on-line and the
importance of communicating authentically and consistently.
- Which social media platforms are relevant to your business and
how to set them up and use them.
- The importance and power of "permission marketing".
- Why there is growth in transparency, why "Google never forgets"
and what this means to your business.
- The impact of having a long "tail". How and why you need to
start now to build a long "tail" of content about your business
on-line. (Using tools such as blogs, micro blogs, forums, video,
clippings, news book marking etc).
- How to embrace random connections.
- How to understand the distinction between "network" and
"contacts" and how to farm them for business.
- YOU WILL WALK AWAY FROM THIS
COURSE WITH "THE BIG 7" SOCIAL MEDIA SITES SET UP, FUNCTIONING AND
READY TO GO!
Introduction to social
- Introduction to the course:
- What are we going to cover today?
- What brings you here and what do you want to achieve from
Getting started in social media
- Case studies of social media successes: Barack Obama, Burger
King, the author Anna Sam.
- The three C's of social media success: conversation, community,
- How and why you need to build a long tail on Google (online
- The importance of understanding that "Google never
- Creating your brand on the web
- Understanding the vastness of the social media landscape.
- Introduction to the top ten social media sites and why and how
you need to use them.
- Setting up your profiles on these sites, including social
networks, business networks, video, photographs, blogging,
micro-blogging, clipping, online business cards etc.
- Interlinking these sites to spread your messages.
- How to generate authentic content and find your niche
- Using "permission marketing" to generate sales.
- Representing yourself on-line in a consistent and authentic
fashion to build your personal on-line brand.
this is a "hands on" and practical course and you will be required
to bring your lap top. You will be setting up your own profiles and
social media platforms and starting to use them on the training
day. You will also be sent some homework in advance to prepare for
the course. After the course, you will have FREE
access to the forum for
support and to remain connected with other delegates. Why ignoring social media could be the worst
business decision you ever made!
- People now communicate more regularly via social networks than
they do by email.
- Social networking is not just for teenagers.
- In 2008, 35 - 49 year olds represented the biggest growth
segment for the social networking sector. Some people are choosing
to ignore Social Media as they think it is "just for kids". It
isn't. Don't make the same mistake in your business.People spend
more time in social networks when they're online.
- Nielsen Research noted that, here in the UK, one in every six
minutes online, was being spent in, or on, the social networking
websites making them stand out clearly as the places where more and
more people are choosing to connect.
- Social Media can build a community around your business.
- Don't make the mistake either of thinking that you need to be a
corporate to build a community around your business using Social
Media. It works brilliantly for small businesses too.
- Despite the recession, most marketers are increasing their
spend on Social Media
The time it has taken different
products or services to reach a market audience of 50 million is as
- Radio 38 years
- TV 13 years
- Internet 4 years
- iPod 3 years
- Facebook 2 years and growing at the rate of 1000's per
THAT is why you need social media and you need our training course.
Reach a global market of millions of people using free resources
and organic content! Start Today ... Social media starter
package. ONLY £350 +
THE FIRST 4 TO BOOK ON THE COURSE WILL GET A
REDUCED PRICE OF £199.00 + VAT Price includes:
Next event date:
- Course notes
- Internet Connection
- FREE follow-up and support on the forum
- On purchase, you will be emailed some homework which prepares
you for the course, and will enable you to walk away from the
course with the BIG 7 platforms up and running and a social media
strategy in place specific to your business.
24th June, Mandolay Hotel, 36-40
London Road, Guildford, Surrey, GU1 2AE
14th July, Mandolay
Hotel, 36-40 London Road, Guildford, Surrey, GU1 2AE From 8.30 to 19.00. Please
As this is very "hands on", intensive training
day with lots of personal attention, we have to limit the numbers
to a maximum of 12 people per course. On purchase you will receive
an e-book including some homework, this will allow you to start the
training day with ease and "hit the ground running".
There are some useful
tips in the book as well. ONLY
£350 + VAT