Summer Recipes BBQ TEXAS Style
BBA / MAOM
Summer Recipes: Bar-B-Que
By Charles King | Published Today | Food Service | Unrated
View all articles by Charles King Winter Time BBQ and Fresh Vegetables
Worlds #1 BBQ Sauce Recipe
It may be the middle of winter and if you look outside the window there is snow piled up, but what better time to cook some summer items. Being from Texas those items will always involve BBQ and a grill.
I love to take fresh vegetables and cook them outside; however if it is blizzard conditions outside then I use the oven to recreate those summer illusions.
One of those recipes I like to cook is BBQ onions
VEGETABLE; BBQ ONIONS
Recipe By :
Serving Size : 6 Preparation Time : 1 hr.
Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
3 Medium Onions -- peeled
8 tablespoons BBQ Sauce
1 tablespoon Lawry's Salt
1. Cut the onions ACROSS the middle of the onion and lay the two halves cut side up on a small sheet of foil then
2. LIGHTLY sprinkle the salt on the cut halves then
3. Place 2 tablespoons of BBQ sauce on top of each cut onion then
4. Wrap the onions each in their foil and then
5. Place in a 350 degree oven for about 30 to 45 min or until tender ( you can also put on the top shelf of your BBQ pit and cook until tender, realize that it will take longer on the grill than in the oven) be careful not to overcook.
Per Serving : 21 Calories; trace Fat (3.4% calories from fat); 1g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 2mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Vegetable.
These are great for serving with chicken, beef, or pork chops with beans, roasted corn on the cob, or home made potato salad. Come see me at: www.myfoodconsultant.com
Enjoy; Bon Appetite
Related Articles at cdmworld.com
Cooking 101 Recipes for Winter
No Comments Found. Submit Comment