the 5 stages of Going Social!
The balance of knowing where to spend your time and how to spend it is not easy.
Some people are embarrassingly social, especially on twitter we all wonder what they do with thier lives and why on earth they think we would be interested in their drivel
others are so academic and transactional that we are bored by the second tweet or second line of their Blog
'Going Social' is like any Personal Development goal. We have to want it, know why we want it, take time to perfect it, learn it, do it and then create habits.
I created this 5 step process for coahcing people
1. Be aware - go from total ignorance to awareness that things are happening that we should consider
2. Get Motivated - once aware start to see the opportunity and get excited
3. Understand - understand what is actualy going on, the tools and the tech,m but critically, understand what you should be saying, and what your social brand is
4. Doing - start to do some stuff! - experiment, set up your profile and take a leap of faith into being Open, Random and Supportive
5. Habits - finally, don't expect much until you have the habits in place! Thomas' advice is that you need to Tweet daily, Blog weekly and Video monthly
This advice is based on any change you need to make and takes you from subconscious incompetence all the way to subconscious competence
Think about anything that you have had to learn, walking, driving, these all take stages that enable you to perfect them and not see them as a task any more
Such a relief when you form habits in life, providing they are positive ones!
I hope this helps anyone that is trying to create change or is coaching someone through change.
Founder of Ecademy and Digital Youth Academy
Helping you build social capital in your business and life