Luxury Egyptian cotton brands like Frette have been used as elite bedding in many 5 star hotels all over the world for quite some time now. This main purpose of this is so that the guests in these hotels can have a distinctive and truly luxurious experience. As far as the reason why this type of bedding is so special is because it's made from the best of cotton fiber and is a great example of perfect Italian craftsmanship as far as weaving & finishing is concerned. At the end of the day, you will have an excellent bed sheet which isn't only silky soft and luxurious but will also be able to give you the same feeling as you would get if you were sleeping in one of the best hotels in the world. These bed sheets types do not lose any of their after laundering as well. Here are a few reasons why this type of cotton is considered to be so special:
- Egyptian cotton is longer than any other type of cotton fiber and this is why it can be spun into yarns which are extremely thin. This is the main characteristic of this type as well as other bed linens with high thread counts. This fiber is thin and long while remaining smooth as well and does not break like inferior cotton fibers. Therefore, you get cotton fiber which is soft & supple while being durable too.
- Apart from being soft and durable, this type of cotton is also organic. This means that it is environmentally friendly and is grown without the help of any harsh chemicals which would break the fiber. This type of cotton is great for people who have skin that is prone to allergies or skin which is extremely sensitive.
- As far as quality is concerned, this type of bed linen does not get spoilt or degraded with regular washing. It is known to retain its silky and soft feeling even for years. What's more, it doesn't even wrinkle easily.
- This type of bed linen is great as far as moisture absorption is concerned. It is extremely breathable as well which is very important if you want to have a good night's sleep. The smooth surface of this type of linen makes it easy to sleep on in the hot summer months as well.
- This last point isn't exactly a quality of Egyptian cotton but it is just as important. There is a lot of tradition associated with Egyptian cotton and this is a type of linen which can be passed down through several generations of your family.