Privacy & Acceptable Use Policy
SunZu Ltd ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is SunZu Ltd, registered in England and Wales under company number 8816373 and have our registered office and trading address at 2-3 Sir Alfred Owen Way, Caerphilly, CF83 3HU.
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Lyndon Wood.
Information we collect from you
We collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.sunzu.com (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site such as your name, email, employer, country, gender, location and a password, subscribing to our service, uploading material, linking to groups, communicating with other users or requesting further services. We shall also ask you for information when you register to upload photos, add your profile to participating groups, uploading contacts etc and when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You are responsible for maintaining the privacy of your password and account information and for controlling access to your email communications at all times.
Uses made of the information
This is the information that other users, including but not limited to connections, business professionals and companies see about you. You have control over what personal information you share and can update your information at any time.
On our site you have the option to communicate with other users at your own discretion.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- If you follow a company, join a group, amend or establish your profile as a registered user We may use these actions to create social ads for your network using your profile picture and name where you have consented.
- To provide you with information, social ads, contacts, groups, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To share your information and communicate with other users or provide your personal details to third parties offering combined services with SunZu where you have consented.
- To connect you to opportunities by enabling other business professional to contact you on our site.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with relevant information about groups, contacts, goods, advertising and services which may be of interest to you.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on our site on which we collect your data (the registration form).
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If SunZu Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Your obligations to other users
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes, you can do this by emailing email@example.com requesting your account be removed from future marketing campaigns. We make reasonable endeavors to complete this in 48 hours from receipt of request.
We also provide you with the right to control whether or not your contact information is viewable to other users through your profile.
We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such marketing purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by accessing and changing your privacy and default settings.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
You can review, enhance or edit your personal information through your profile page at www.sunzu.com.
You can control what information you make available to search engines through your public profile settings and you can choose whether you install or remove any third party applications.
You can control whether you profile information is shared with third parties through the technical settings which set out your privacy settings and default actions allowing you to change your settings to control visibility and accessibility through our site.
You can control whether We use your name and profile picture in social ads.
You may close your SunZu account online at www.sunzu.com.
Acceptable Use Policy
This acceptable use policy sets out the terms between you and us under which you may access our website sunzu.com (our site). This acceptable use policy applies to all users of our site.
sunzu.com is a site operated by SunZu Ltd (we or us), are registered in England and Wales under company number 8816373 and have our registered office and trading address at 2-3 Sir Alfred Owen Way, Caerphilly, CF83 3HU.
We are a limited company.
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards [Please insert as link to content standards below].
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in contravention of the provisions of our terms of website use [ https://www.sunzu.com/pages/terms-conditions/ ].
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site;
- any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
We shall provide interactive services on our site, including, without limitation:
- Chat rooms.
- Bulletin boards.
- Articles, Social Blogging, Polls, Alliances, Events.
Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our site, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
We do not allow users under 16 years to become registered users of our site.
Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
- Recognise original authors where applicable
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
- Be misleading.
Suspension and termination
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of our site. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Changes to the acceptable use policy
We may revise this acceptable use policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this acceptable use policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our site.